Indonesian Cupid Review: Is This Site Reliable? Check the Details
- Secure payments and personal information
- Reasonable subscription prices
- Limited communication options
- Fake profiles
How it Works?
However, when it comes to dating, there is nothing to do on the website if you are an unauthorized user. You have to set up an account to browse site members. Take these steps to register an account:
- Go to IndonesianCupid.com and press the View Singles Now button to open the registration window.
- You can register with Facebook. The service will not post any info on your Facebook page, so you can register with no trouble.
- That’s it. You have finished the registration. Now you will be directed to your dashboard.
Indonesian Cupid Dashboard
The service will suggest you upload a picture of yourself from Facebook or your PC/mobile device. You can do it later.
The control panel is intuitive. You will see your recommendations in the center of the page. In the upper bar, you can proceed to the profile and account management sections on the right side. You can navigate to the main parts of your dashboard in the upper bar as well. The statistics are also displayed at the top of the page.
You can also set more precise search criteria for your dates above the recommended user profiles.
As you see, at this point your profile is only 13% completed. To get the most out of the service, you should fill it out first.
Completing the Indonesian Cupid Profile
Go to the profile management section on the upper right side of the dashboard and follow the Edit Profile link.
There are several profile sections:
- Basics. It features your name, gender, date of birth, and location.
- Your appearance. Here you should indicate your physical features.
- Your lifestyle. This section contains information on your occupation, habits, such as drinking and smoking, marital status, etc.
- Your background and cultural values. Here you should specify your nationality, the languages you speak, education, etc. In this section, you should also write a personal description and profile heading.
- Interests. In this section, you will select from the leisure activities you like, the music you listen to, your favorite foods, etc.
- Personality. You will manually answer the questionnaire on your character.
Completing these questionnaires will boost your visibility since member search utilizes info from user profiles.
Searching for a Date
To get to the advanced search settings, you should visit the Search section in the upper bar.
Advanced Search allows you to adjust the following criteria:
- Intentions (romance, friendship, etc.)
You can also search users by keywords, cupid tags, first name, and ID. These criteria allow you to get the most precise search. When it comes to matches, you should go to the corresponding section in the upper bar to adjust them. In the Matches section, you will be able to edit the same criteria.
Cupid Tags are keywords that help you express yourself better on the platform. You can proceed to the tags from your account management section and add a few keywords to your profile. Type the necessary keyword and select from the results.
Range of Communication Options
Indonesia Cupid does not offer lots of communication options compared to other platforms. On this platform, you can chat with other members, and that’s all. Nothing exceptional like video shows, group chats, or live streaming is available.
You can use Indonesian Cupid on the go thanks to the mobile application. It is available on Google Play. The app does not stand out from other dating applications and has an overall rating of 3.6. Indonesian Cupid reviews on Google Play mention performance issues and occasional bugs.
At the same time, the app is fully functional, and you can use the same features as if you browsed the Desktop version of the website.
Although the audience is vast on the platform, and you will get more than a thousand results with each click of a search button, there are only about 500 members online usually.
More than 90% of the audience is located in Indonesia. If you try to search people from, let us say, Australia, you will get a few results. This platform is specifically designed for Indonesians and those who seek marriage with an Indonesian partner. You can meet people of any age group there, which makes this platform suitable for everyone.
The quality of profiles is a weak side of Indonesian Cupid. Its members rarely fill out profile descriptions. You may argue that it is not an issue since you can always ask a person about themselves during the conversation. However, it becomes a trouble when it comes to website search. Since it is based on the info in user profiles, Advanced Search does not make sense most of the time because users do not complete questionnaires.
There is nothing you can do with it but accept if you want to use this platform.
Indonesian Cupid offers a premium membership. There are three types of subscription:
- Standard. It allows you to browse members. Chatting is possible with premium users only.
- Platinum. It unlocks communication, removes advertisements, and lets you hide your profile to browse members anonymously.
- Gold. All platinum features are included. Additionally, you can benefit from higher ranking, VIP profile highlights, instant message translation to your language, additional space for your profile, and enhanced matching algorithms.
You can purchase the gold subscription at:
- £27.99 for one month
- £55.99 for three months
- £111.99 for 12 months
The prices for the platinum membership plan are the following:
- £32.98 for one month of services
- £65.98 for three months
- £131.98 for 12 months
The range of payment methods is extensive on Indonesian Cupid. It includes credit and debit cards, Paysafecard, bank transfers, and e-wallets.
Indonesian Cupid applies reliable information security measures. It features valid McAfee and Thawte certificates, which means that:
- The website does not contain viruses and is entirely secure for communication.
- Personal and financial information is protected due to SSL data encryption. You can enter financial data for making safe purchases on the Indonesian Cupid platform.
You can verify your profile by uploading an identity proof. The following documents are accepted:
- Driving license
- ID card
To approve your identity, you should upload the document in the Verify Profile section of your dashboard.
Due to SSL encryption, sensitive information is entirely safe. Besides that, you get a better ranking on the website and receive a verification badge on your profile.
At the same time, you will not find lots of verified users. While browsing site members, you will notice that nine people out of ten remain unverified. It looks like a higher ranking is an ineffective incentive for Indonesian Cupid members. In this case, profile verification does not have much sense.
Because of this, there are lots of fake users with malicious intentions. That is why you should stop communicating with users that seem suspicious to you. If some of them ask for money or try to get any sensitive information, report them. The administration will suspend fraudulent users.
What is Indonesian Cupid?
Indonesian Cupid is a dating platform dedicated to singles from Indonesia.
How much does Indonesian Cupid Cost?
Registration is free there. You start using the service with a free standard subscription. There are two types of premium membership: gold subscription starts at £27.99 per month, while the price for Platinum membership begins at £32.98 per month.
Is Indonesian Cupid Legit?
Indonesian Cupid is a legit platform that does not show any signs of fraudulent behavior. At the same time, there are fake users on the platform who can potentially benefit from your trust. Therefore, it is better not to share personal information with website members for safety purposes.
Who Owns Indonesian Cupid?
Cupid Media, a dating software provider, owns Indonesian Cupid.
Does Indonesian Cupid have a Mobile App?
Yes, there is a mobile application available for Android users.
How do I Delete my Indonesian Cupid Account?
Deleting your account requires the following steps:
- Go to your profile settings in the upper bar.
- Scroll down the settings page and follow the membership cancellation link.
- Enter your password and specify the reason for the account cancellation.
- Press Switch Off Profile.